About

Friday, September 20, 2013

Book Review: "Pleasing God"

So this was supposed to be out yesterday, but better late than never, right??

I finished reading Pleasing God last week, after at least four years of trying to get through it.

It's not that it's a tedious read, or even that it's boring. I'm just not good at being motivated. It's an awesome book, and I really don't know why it's taken me this long.

find it on Amazon here.

I was introduced to Pleasing God four years ago when it was the "curriculum" for my church's ladies Bible study. It's meant to go along with a journal, a sort of study guide, to really soak in the principles. But you don't need the journal to be inspired by this book. The book is geared toward women, but the principles in it apply to anyone. I think it could make a great couples' devotional book. 

In her lively, entertaining, and at times, even cheeky style, Kay Smith (wife of Pastor Chuck Smith) guides us through the principle of living to please God. In our hectic lives, it can be hard to know what is wrong, what is right, what should be done, and what we shouldn't do. Mrs. Smith believes it is simple, that every decision in life boils down to one question: does this please God

The book is inspiring, convicting, and encouraging. I urge you to read it. In it you will find a wealth of wisdom and direction. And you might want to invest in a pen or highlighter too... my copy of the book is underlined within an inch of its life!

Hanneli


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts are moderated, so be patient if it doesn't show up at first. Thanks for sharing! :)