About

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Word of the Week: Egregious

I've recently made a little transplant from my home in the hills of Pennsylvania to my relatives' home outside Nashville, Tennessee. So far things have been excellent. During one of our evening family talks, the word "egregious" came up. It's a simply splendid word.

Egregious
adj. (egg-REE-jus)
Horrible, unthinkable, grieving, shocking, appalling.

Some of the things on the news are simply egregious.
The very thought that I'd try to steal from you is egregious.
Where did you get such an egregious idea?

I hope your transition back into the week, after our long Labor Day weekend, is not "egregious" for you. :o)

Hanneli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts are moderated, so be patient if it doesn't show up at first. Thanks for sharing! :)