About

Friday, December 7, 2012

Obsession of the Week: Stitchery

     Holy Cow, it's Friday already? It was just Friday yesterday!

     So my obsession this week has been knitting and crocheting; some friends helped rekindle my joy in stitchery. I'm making some knitted/crocheted goods as Christmas presents, and despite this being the last week of classes (and the week before finals), I'm making quite a bit of progress!

     For example, I finished this beret in 5 days (probably the shortest amount of time it's ever taken me to finish anything. Ever.)




     I've also recently discovered this new yarn called "Sashay", which is a wide pre-woven yarn that yields sumptuous ruffly scarves. It's a little tricky to knit with at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's so fun!





So that's it for my weekly obsession! What are yours? Have you decided to handcraft anything this Christmas season? Have you tried out the Sashay yarn? Let me know!

Cheers!
Hanneli



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts are moderated, so be patient if it doesn't show up at first. Thanks for sharing! :)